Skip to content
- Good athletic clothes must cover your legs and arms. It’s not recommended to workout in open T-shirts or shorts. First of all, you’ll touch the gym equipment with your bare skin — and it might be not that clean. Second, your sweat will stay on the equipment and the next person won’t feel comfortable working out after you. Moreover, you’ll literally stick to this equipment.
- You also shouldn’t use perfume — deodorant is enough. Since the air in a gym is wet and stuffy, the smell of perfume might cause a headache or allergy in other people.
- Don’t forget to wipe the gym equipment before and after you use it, with at least a towel. Ideally, this should be done with antibacterial wipes.
- Be careful with skin lesions. If you have wounds or even scratches, seal them with a waterproof bandage during training.
- You also shouldn’t touch your face or scratch it. If you scratch your skin, dirt can get into the wound. This situation happened to a Reddit user: a girl scratched her itchy nose while doing cardio and now she is healing it from a bacterial infection.